With the Summer holidays almost over we felt we needed a little touch of magic for the final weeks. So, we made our very own personal magic wands. With a snippety snip and a quick little stitch they're ready for casting magic upon the days..... wishing we could make the summer last forever.
Here's what you'll need:
- fabric, scissors, pencil, star shaped cookie cutters, a doweling stick (we used garden sticks) and glue. If you like you can add ribbons, beads and sequins too.
- Draw around your star shaped cookie cutter onto the chosen fabric. Repeat.
- Cut out your 2 stars.
- With one star on top of the other sew around the edges leaving a small space at the bottom to enable you to stuff it full of magic.
- Stuff the star with stuffing - (whisper some magic words as you go)
- Put some glue around the end of your doweling stick and insert into the bottom of the star.
- Using clothes pegs, peg the fabric together either side of the doweling stick to hold in place and leave to dry.
- Once dry, remove the pegs and sew along the final base to seal the magic inside.
Happy Magical Making