Thursday 1 September 2011

The Art of Living: Vintage Brighton

The collection of Paumes books in the Sisters Guild Boutique includes the title London Vintage which I recently had a peek at and it got me thinking about Brighton and all the Vintage spots around the North Laines.  The North Laines are a visual treat for browsing and discovering unusual bits and pieces.


My passion for vintage started young as we grew up in the countryside oustide Bath and when we went into the city we were drawn into the Antiques markets.  Carla & I both had a fascination with old linens and textiles from quite a young age and Carla had an amazing collection of vintage gloves and bags.  Later on came the furniture and our vintage love affair still continues to this day.  Even though there's no more room in my home for furniture there's always a shelf that can carry a small object, or room in a drawer for some antique napkins!

I sometimes have those rare Saturdays when I'm child-free and I can skip around Brighton.  That means I get to browse my favourite shops and takes some pics too! 

The North Laines in Brighton is an area full of so many unique and independent shops. I really hope it stays that way.  It's the reason why I love Brighton and why so many people enjoy visiting.

Kate & Aud, Trafalgar Street, Brighton facebook.com/kateandaud 

Dinky Vintage, Sydney St, Brighton dinkyvintage.com
Hope & Harlequin, Sydney Street, Brighton hopeandharlequin.com
Wolf & Gypsy, Trafalgar Street, Brighton wolfandgypsyvintage.co.uk
Pigeon, Pelham Street (off Trafalgar St), Brighton pigeonvintage.co.uk
Enjoy discovering these Brighton Vintage gems when you come to visit!

And don't forget Snoopers Paradise for all sorts of treasures:

Snoopers Paradise, Kensington Gardens, Brighton.  Image courtesy of uniquebrighton.com

This is part of the Art of Living series of posts that bring you all the things we are passionate about and the things we discover in our lives as mamas.

In our Wednesday Woo blog post series we present a selection of things from the Sisters Guild Boutique.

We also have a Monday Makery with ideas for things to make yourself.

And for a glimpse behind the scenes of Sisters Guild we have the A-Z of Sisters Guild here 

www.sistersguild.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment