Children of all ages love the feel of playdough. Squishing it their hands, rolling it up into balls, strecthing it out under a rolling pin. It's fun to make too and little hands will love the apothecary of mixing it all together and getting a little mucky along the way.
Here's how to make it home.
You will need:
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablesspoon of oil
- 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar
- food colouring
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a saucepan
- add the remaining wet ingredients
- cook over a low to medium heat for 5-10 minutes stirring constantly to prevent any one area cooking too long!
- remove the playdough when it feels the right consistency, i.e when it no longer feels sticky
- knead the dough until it feels smooth
- This is when I like to add the colour. Oona loves to see, as we squish and knead, how the colour of the dough changes with marble like swirls to a solid hue.