With another Birthday Party approaching and of course the girls wanting to stick to their love of all things circus we've had a weekend crafting for the preparations. We've been busy decorating party hats, and making yet another photobooth (pictures will come soon) along with all its masks.
We created this 'Prizes' board for the party but to make sure it lasts beyond the special day we created it so that it can be used as the girls own noticeboard that they can put pictures and postcards on, hang their invites and all those oh so special things that kids love!
Here's what you'll need:
- cork-board / piece of light plywood. we up-cycled out kitchen one cork-board.
- paint - spray paint is best.
- wooden clothes pegs
Here's the how:
- Spray paint the front of the board, if you want to create a pattern use masking tape to hide where you don't want the layer of paint to go. Leave to dry.
- Now for the pegs; brush one side of a peg with pva glue and sprinkle with glitter. Put to one side and continue with your other pegs. Leave to dry.
- Once both the cork-board and the glittery pegs are dry you can finish it off by adhering the pegs to the board. Use a good all purpose super glue, this board will get a lot of use and those pegs need to be firmly fixed.
it's ready to hang
Our prize bags will be filled with little jokes as well as sweets, temporary tattoo's, whistles and bouncing balls.
I can't wait!
If you'd like to make a Photo Booth for yourself take a look here
For more circus party ideas take a look at our circus creative here
Look out for more party pics along with some great printables and ideas at the end of the week.