We call this recipe 'Sessi's strawberry yoghurt ice cream' because of all the concocting of frozen yoghurts and homemade ice-creams this is the one that my girls will always ask for!
It is ridiculously easy to make and the ingredients ask for nothing beyond that which every shop sell's and there is no need for any special equipment - we have yet to succumb to an ice cream maker so all our recipes have to be as easy as stir and whisk and into the freezer.
This recipe makes 8 so in our house that's just enough for seconds!
Here's what you'll need:
- strawberries - we always use a whole punnet
- 250ml of natural yoghurt
- 250ml of whipping cream
- 6 tblsp of caster sugar
- Wash your strawberries and pat dry with a tea towel as excess water will upset the mix creating ice.
- Cut off the leafy heads just deep enough to make sure there are no hard cores left inside.
- Use a fork to mash the strawberries in a bowl.
- Add the yoghurt
- In a seperate bowl pour the whipping cream and get whipping. You're looking for a melted ice -cream consistency.
- Now add the sugar to your whipped cream little by little, whipping as you go.
- Stir all the ingredients together and pour into tea-cups.
- Pop them into the freezer for a few hours. You can test the softness after a short while if you've got eager children waiting for them to be ready.
Sometimes I make a batch in the evening if I know the sun will be shining the next day, sneaking them into the freezer. Then, when we make a batch together we say some magic words and 'hey presto!' The ice-cream is ready...... they know that mama's magic doesn't always work and that sometimes it needs to be saved for very special moments! But, sometimes, just sometimes, those special moments include Sessi's strawberry yoghurt ice-cream!
lets hope the sunshine lasts and there are many more ice cream afternoons ahead!
We have more Monday Makery craft & recipe ideas here.
If you would like to share some ideas as a guest blogger on the Monday Makery we would be very excited to hear from you. Use the contact form on our main website here.
For behind the scenes photos of Sisters Guild we have the gallery of the A-Z of Sisters Guild here.