Tuesday 23 August 2011

Tell Us it's Tuesday

We are briefly interrupting the Tuesday series of 'The Story Behind Our Collections' to bring you a sneaky taster of a new series of revealing interviews.

Bekka has been brave enough to go first...Bekka is one half of all that goes into running, creating, administering, designing, operating and dreaming of the journey of Sisters Guild. Here she shares some insightful thoughts about Rudolph Valentino, goats cheese and Lenny Kravitz!



On waking the first 3 things I do are…answer my son questioning at my bedside ‘Is it morning time?,’  open the curtains to see if it is morning (not) and try and persuade him back to bed.

If I had a superpower it would be…. to fly or to heal, or both if that’s allowed!

If I could trade places for a day with someone it would be…
a dancer at the Folies Bergere in the 1920s, maybe Josephine Baker.

If someone wrote a story about me the title would be….'A Wing and a Prayer'

When I was seven years old…I liked nothing more than being outside all day and I wanted to be an archaeologist!

If you open my fridge you will see…
fresh homous, goats cheese, goats milk, but a scarey amount of unfinished jars of various things that have become unrecognisable!

I used to be…a stamp collector.

My biggest guilty pleasures are…Dolly Parton and Maltesers.

My favourite view is… peeping my eyes over the top of my book where I can see my feet framed by the sand, then the sea and the horizon.

The 3 things I will tell my children are…Love your life and live a life of love, forgive, and find a way to express your creativity.

The song or musical piece for the theme tune of my life is… Let Love Rule, Lenny Kravitz


My wardrobe is…taken over by my husbands clothes. 

Never have I ever… drunk a whole pint of beer.

My kids taught me…what life is really about.

Life is like a…voyage. You have to be prepared for the disasters as well as mind-blowing sights too and be sure to have some fine food, inspiring books and some good company along the way.

My earliest memory is….crawling towards the door to the garden with light flooding into a room with coral-painted walls.

My underwear drawer …has seen better days!

I feel like running for the hills when…. anyone talks about Big Brother.

On my teenage bedroom wall there was… cloud wallpaper and Duran Duran

My ideal partner would have the mind of Leonardo Da Vinci and the skills of Rudolph Valentino!



Watch your inbox as we're coming to ask you next!


This is part of our new series of Tuesday blog posts where we ask you to tell us all! We shall be inviting some people to reveal themselves soon, so come by on Tuesdays if you're curious!

We also publish other series in our blog including our Monday MakeryWednesday we show you our favourite seasonal pieces and Thursdays is dedicated to the 'Art of Living' in which we share ideas and inspiration from places to visit, things to see and articles about things that enrich our lives.

www.sistersguild.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I used to collect stamps... sssshhh don't tell anyone!

    ReplyDelete