Tuesday 11 October 2011

Tell Us it's Tuesday: Maggy of Red Ted Art

This week we have the pleasure of the wonderful Maggy from the crafty blog Red Ted Art.  Actually Red Ted Art is far more than a blog, it's a creative hub, the place to go to for 'how to make a ..' - you'll find everything possible for kids and grown-up crafters too. Red Ted Art links up with many other crafty bloggers, with parties and blog hops. I do believe Maggy is a bit of a crafting legend online and contributes to the Guardian too. Maggy is a Mama of  2 and it must be great for 'Red Ted' himself and 'Pipsqueak' to grow up in a crafting household.

We were inspired by Maggy right from the start and have regular Twitter chat, which mostly turns to food. Being half Austrian, half Spanish must give Maggy quite a good culinary combination.  Look out for her recipes closer to Christmas

Never satisfied with the 'About Me' of any blog, and whilst Maggy's About is actually a good read, we had to ask her a few questions to feel a bit closer to this craft sister of ours...




On waking the first 3 things I do are….
Turn on the Laptop (does this mean I am classed a “work a holic”?!)
Make the Kids breakfast
Make a cup of tea

If I had a superpower it would be….
Magic (then I could do everything – incl. magicing the laundry away, magic perfect cakes and magic a clean and tidy living room..)

If I could trade places for a day with someone it would be…
A shepherd up in the Austrian Alps on a sunny day (one day only, right?) – then I would enjoy the stunning few, enjoy the sunshine on my face, hear the bees and enjoy a picnic…

If someone wrote a story about me the title would be…
What happens when you try something new

When I was seven years old…
…I always had scabby knees, my socks on back to front and one of my pig tails undone. I was rubbish at reading, but always won the maths quizzes.

If you open my fridge you will see….
Uhm a bit of a mess? Like the rest of my house?! (don’t worry, I do *clean* the fridge though.. just has lots of stuff in it)

My favourite view is…
Is my view.. hehehe... I do love mountain scenery (see above)

The 3 things I will tell my children are…
Always be nice and help others
Work hard and do your best
Enjoy life

The song or musical piece for the theme tune of my life is…
Strict Machine, by Black Cherry (maybe I am harsh on myself?)

I used to be…
A management consultant, but bored stiff

My biggest guilty pleasures are…
Chocolate
Twitter & Facebook

My wardrobe is…
Untidy (see above re fridge)

Never have I ever…
Bungee jumped or flown in a helicopter

My kids taught me…
…to not always do things my way (gosh, that is so hard though)

Life is like a…
The weather? Unpredictable? Always changing with sunny days and rainy spells?

My earliest memory is….
Dragging home some stray (manky) kittens and asking if we could keep them (no),  helping my brothers throw all our toys out of the bedroom window

My underwear drawer …
Is a mess (see wardrobe and fridge… no, no underwear IN the fridge)

I feel like running for the hills when….
The house needs hovering. My husband or the cleaner does that (yes, so middle class, I know)

On my teenage bedroom wall there was…
A Paul Klee poster

My ideal partner would have the mind of /  skills of  / body of…
Hehehe what can I say but that of my husband…

Thank you Maggy. Your seven year old self sounds a bit like me with scabby knees and pigtails undone, and I'm quite impressed with your teenage taste for Paul Klee posters.  I can also relate to what your kids have taught you, but yes, it is hard isn't it! Look forward to trying some of your Christmas crafts & recipes x


This is part of our new series of Tuesday blog posts where we ask you to tell us all. We wanted a fun way way to get to know the people behind the blogs and businesses we follow.  We have more people lined up to reveal themselves and may be asking you too!

We also publish other series in our blog including our Monday MakeryWednesday we show you our favourite seasonal pieces and Thursdays is dedicated to the 'Art of Living' in which we share ideas and inspiration from places to visit, things to see and articles about things that enrich our lives.

www.sistersguild.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment